The holidays can be a very busy and stressful time of year. They are always tons of parties, gatherings, family get together, and on and on. It seems to be time of year that everyone wants to hang out. Which I can understand, up here there isn’t much else to do unless you want to play outside in the cold. There always seems to be the pressure of having gifts, food, and looking fabulous for all of these events. At least that is how it is for most of the events that I’m invited to. It can be fun to see everyone but at the same time taxing on your spirit and body. Here are some things that I try to do to be prepared for this time of year and to relax:
- Have a couple of small unsex gifts on hand already wrapped incase you get invited to a last minute party. These can be gifts that you buy or nice homemade gifts.
- Have some extra white and red wine with wine gift bag. They make great hostess gifts.
- Vitamins, vitamins, vitamins!! Make sure you take vitamins. It will keep you healthy. So many people get sick with colds and flus and most likely someone that you will see over the holidays will be sick. Keeping yourself healthy will help you
- Box of quick, yummy, health recipes. You never know when a last minute party invite will come.
- Have a number of outfits already together in you head or closet so you can get ready for any gathering with one less thing to worry about
- Home spa days, do a foot soak, mani/pedi, face mask, deep hair mask, sugar body scrub. The list could go on and on. Basically, relax at home and pamper yourself.
- Baths, a wonderful way to warm up after a day out in the cold
- Mediation, a nice way to clear your thoughts and stress.
- Gym, go work out get your heart pumping. Work off that stress and all those extra calories from the holiday parties.
- Nap, yes just like in preschool. If you have an early morning and a party in the evening take a short 20-minute nap. It will help you with energy and you’ll feel more refreshed.
Most of all have fun and don’t feel bad if you have to turn down an invite because you are over stressed or too busy.